Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
A developer is not allowed to check in any code that does not fulfill all the below given criterias:
- All new features added to the system must have a unit test suite.
- The developer has to ensure that the code written has tests for everything that could possibly break (well, as long as it is practical).
- JavaDoc has to be written for all methods, fields and classes.
- The JavaDoc has to be thought through and should describe the purpose and responsibility of the method, field or class.
- All method parameters should be described
- All classes must have a copyright notice at the top and author tags on the format
@author <a href='mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org'>Donald Duck</a>
- All new features must be well documented in the Maven XDoc format and put in the CVS.
- indentation must be four spaces (no tabs)
- never use this (
this.<field>) when referencing member fields, instead use prefixes (s_ and m_)
- Member variables should always be prefixed with m_
- Static variables should always be prefixed with s_
- Constants should always be in uppercase and use underscores:
- no lines should be longer than 120 characters
- wildcards are NOT allowed in package imports and the imports should be logically grouped
- invocations to static methods should always be prefixed with their class, e.g.
- grouping of fields and methods in a class should be in the following order (top down):
- static fields
- member fields
- public static methods
- public member methods
- protected static methods
- protected member methods
- inner classes
- try write self-documenting code by giving the classes, methods and fields descriptive names (even if it makes them long), when this is not sufficient use comments
- use curly braces for single statements (except for assertions):
- opening curly braces should not be on a newline:
- opening curly braces are always followed by a newline, e.g. f.e. don't write:
- else, catch and finally statements should not start on a new line:
- spaces should be used as in the code sample given: