A todo/wish list for stuff to include in Boo.Lang.Useful.dll - a library of helper classes and functions for boo users.
All the code in Boo.Lang.Useful would be in boo, not C#.
Useful things about Boo contains documentation on members present in the assembly.
- Implements? - delegates implementation of an interface to a class field instance.
- fireAndForget - used to asynchronously invoke a method without having to worry to call EndMethod to clean up the asynchronous call.
- performTransaction - in the examples folder
- timeIt - used to time how long a section of code takes.
- with - in the examples folder included with boo
Compiler Steps & Pipelines
- Doc step - generates XML documentation from the docstrings in your boo code, which can be used by NDoc to generate HTML documentation.
- Macro helper scripts - Anything that could help developers creating boo macros/attributes would be nice. See for example the script at the bottom of Compiler Steps, it shows how the AST is transformed after each step, in XML or boo form.
- Style checker - there's a sample pipeline in the examples folder that checks the style of your boo code (like prefixing private fields with an underscore, for example)
- AutoImport - in the examples folder