Boo always come PRE-BUILT
There's always an up to date build in the bin/ directory of the distribution.
In order to (re)build boo you are going to need to have the following tools already installed:
- An up to date version of the Nant build tool (currently at version 0.85rc2)
- a Java virtual machine (for ANTLR)
- .NET 3.5 SDK or Mono.
Download the Source
- download a stable distribution from Download
- check out an unstable version from Source by running which will retrieve boo from Git into a newly created boo subdirectory.
Building the Source: nant targets
Boo uses the nant buildfile default.build to provide the following nant targets which can be used to build, rebuild, test, install and clean the boo project. This is done to make it as easy as possible for users to perform these automated tasks. All you have to do is go into your newly downloaded boo directory and start invoking nant with different targets, its easy:
- open a console window or terminal to the boo directory
- to build the project type:
- to rebuild everything from scratch including regenerating the parser and AST classses type:
- to run the unit tests type:
- to update the binaries in the bin folder:
on mono the unit tests must be executed directly from the command line: