Dear CARGO enthusiasts
CARGO 1.2.1 is now available; and no this is definitely not an April fool!
Of course, all of you are wondering what that release brings in... As usual, we have a certain number of fixes and improvements; major highlights are:
- 12 bug fixes, be it for core components but also for containers.
- CARGO now supports starting an installed local container independently from the starting instance (Java API, ANT or Maven2/Maven3 plugin); so that the started container can "outlive". This new feature is called spawning.
- The Jetty container now supports existing local configuration.
- JBoss 7.1.0 and 7.1.1 (Final versions) are supported.
- The XML merger (i.e., uberwar) now does a much more careful work when it comes to merging duplicate XML entities.
To use this new version:
- Users of the Java API and/or ANT tasks can download the CARGO uberjar and ANT tasks from the download page: http://cargo.codehaus.org/Downloads
- Maven2/Maven3 users simply need to change the plugin's <version> to 1.2.1, and Maven2/Maven3 will download the new version automatically.
Please share your good (and bad) findings on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
As usual, for those who are wondering, please find below the full change list:
- The following issues with the XML merger (i.e., uberwar) have been fixed:
- [CARGO-1078] - Duplicate entries when merging <filter-mapping>
- [CARGO-1080] - Duplicate entries when merging servlet mappings
- [CARGO-1081] - Duplicate entries when merging security constraints
- [CARGO-1094] - Duplicate init-param element when merging filter
- [CARGO-1096] - XML merger adds xmlns="" entries
- JBoss-specific fixes:
- [CARGO-1086] - CARGO doesn't work with JBoss 7.1.0.Final
- [CARGO-1087] - remote deployment to JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final in standalone configuration leads to javax.security.sasl.SaslException
- [CARGO-1088] - Undeploy fails with a non-farm configuration
- Jetty-specific fixes:
- [CARGO-1085] - WAR authentication does not work with embedded Jetty 7.6.x and 8.1.x
- GlassFish-specific fixes:
- [CARGO-1077] - Standalone GlassFish configuration deletes all existing GlassFish domain when started
- Tomcat-specific fixes:
- [CARGO-1082] - CARGO does not create the list of roles in the Tomcat users XML
- Fixes relating to the Maven2/Maven3 plugin:
- General improvements:
- [CARGO-364] - Allow spawned execution of an local containers to enable the app server to outlive the calling CARGO application (Java API, ANT or Maven2/Maven3)
- XML merger (i.e., uberwar) improvements:
- [CARGO-1079] - Add support for merging <mime-mapping>
- Jetty-specific improvements:
- [CARGO-1083] - Add Jetty support to existing local configuration for installed container
- [CARGO-1093] - Allow jetty existing local container to start using only configuration on the server
- GlassFish-specific improvements:
- [CARGO-1071] - Allow to start GlassFish domain in debug mode
- [CARGO-1072] - Allow to set GlassFish debugger port
- Improvements on the Maven2/Maven3 plugin
- [CARGO-1097] - Make use of maven artifact when computing location for deployable and dependency
You can also see the HTML release notes via https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=18290&styleName=Html&projectId=10730