After a general look at notification process, I think it isn't well implemented. I see that some specific code for each notifier are hard coded in several classes like :
- getRecipients in ContinuumRecipients
- getNagEmailAddress in DefaultMavenBuilderHelper
It isn't simple to add a new notifier in continuum, so we need to refactor the notification mechanism.
I don't understand why we have <address> under <notifier> in pom. It isn't use by all notifier. I think we must use it in <configuration> instead when it's necessary.
- Remove <adress> under <notifier> in pom
- Refactor plexus-notifier for remove recipient/recipientSource. if a notifier need some recipients like mail and jabber, it find them in the context
- Remove all notifier specific code from continuum classes
- Load notifiers from pom declaration and configure them with notifier configuration
- Create a documentation generator tool for generate notifier configuration guide with all possible properties.