Note: please do not add to this page content - add comments and I will fold them in as I go.
Primary Server Build
I tend to prefer a container instance per app - losing everything when one app needs to be restarted is annoying.
- confluence (depending on where it goes)
- jive wildfire (IM platform) - not sure if it is loaded into a container or not though
- postgres 8 (8.0 / 8.1 either is fine) with -devel for headers
- apache2 (no apache 1 in brave new world)
- irc server - currently ngircd but we don't overly care
- ldap server (openldap or better)
- java - 1.4 and 1.5; most reliable VMs you can get for given OS - IBM / Sun etc. SDK (not JRE) installs required.
- fisheye (we can handle configuration for this - we have quite a few repositories)
- mail + mailing list packages (currently using qmail with ezmlm)
- python (2.4 or later)
- ruby-latest (to be installed by bob)
- resin (3.0 series) - primary app server
- jrockit (jdk 1.5 series) - primary jvm - if it doesn't work out we'll try something else
- confluence - although putting jira+confluence together might make more sense - on this box or the existing jira one
- No users
- Very very limited despots. Probably only 2 or 3.
- No builds
- Preferably no compilation of tools - packaged tools only.