Drools.NET is a Business Rules Engine (BRE) based on Charles Forgy's Rete algorithm. Developers can now exploit a powerful Rule Engine through a completely managed .NET code base! Drools.NET is based on Jboss Rules, and comes with all the features of that Rules Engine.
For a full set of documentation, please visit The User Guide.
Core Rules Engine Features
Drools.Net 3.0 supports the following features:
- Full Rete Implementation with high performance indexing
- Field Constraints
- Literal, Bound Variable, ReturnValue and PredicateConstraints
- Conditional Elements
- And, Or, Not, Exists and Eval
- Agenda Management
- Conflict Resolution (Salience+Depth)
- Agenda Groups
- Activation Groups
- Agenda Filters
- No loop for recursion control
- Truth Maintenance with Logical Assertions
- Temporal Rules (allows rules to fire based on time requirements)
- Dynamic Rules (runtime addition and removal of rules)
- Event Model
- Working Memory Actions
- Global Ddata
- Drools.Net supports debugging of rules by putting breakpoints in consequences in a rule file.
- Dynamic runtime compile and use.
- Precompiled Packages.