Purpose: Make a consistent Feature Model based on ISO 19109 standards
Origional Purpose: Enchance Feature Model to near GML3 levels
The goal of this work is to provide:
- Enchancements to the Feature API
- a clear guideline for mapping between GML and GeoAPI models
- support community iteroperability (yes that is always the goal)
Please review the GeoAPI javadocs actual details details and discussion:
(If these are not up todate you may also check out svn directly):
Feature Model (aka ISO 19109)
Naming (aka ISO 19103)
- expanded to include Associations and Opperations
- simple Name and Namespace implementation based on ISO 19103
Feburary - first cut at feature model interfaces
- limited to Attribute, GeometryAttribute, Complex, Feature and FeatureCollection
January 13th - first changes to codebase featuremodelstage1.zip
- Filter and Expression now work against Object
- FeatureCollection supports Filter 1.1 SortBy oppreation
- FilterFactory2 allowing non explicit use of SFSQL Geometry
- A formal GeoTools branch has been started against these changes
What to Expect
Based on IRC meetings with the GeoTools project both teams agreed to seek a common goal, and code will break on both sides. We will attempt to make a SimpleFeature/SimpleFeatureType subclass with access based on fixed order of attribtues, and string based lookup as origional provided in GeoAPI and GeoTools.
However code will break. How bad can it get?
- Scope of Proposed Changes - This is a "quick and dirty" indication of what will be broken, for the intended target please explore the links above.