The GeoTools 2.1.x release is a stable branch no longer under active development.
Avaiable 2.1 Downloads:
Since this release is passing out of active maintence (you can always volunteer if you need a patch) we can only recommend this release for very conservative, or those working with an applicaiton based on GeoTools 2.1.1.
GeoTools 2.1 At A Glance
Who Should Use 2.1.x
The GeoTools 2.1.x releases are used by:
- uDig 1.0 uses these releases
- GeoServer 1.3.0
The last release on this branch is 2.1.1.
Updating from 2.0.x to 2.1.x
Geotools 2.1 has the following planned changes you should be aware of:
- the removal of methods deprecated in 2.0
- port to GeoAPI Coordinate Reference System
For quick feedback change you compiler settings to make the use deprecated methods an Error.
CRSService and CoordinateReferenceSystem
The functionality formally known as CRSServices is available in three places:
- JTS.transform( Envelope, MathTransform )
- CRS.decode( "EPSG:1234" )
- CRS.transform( from, to )
This represents the most significan change yet to GeoTools 2, thanks to everyone for their support.
- JDBCDataStore - now requires the use of Andrea's fid changes
- DefaultQuery - always requres a specific typeName