This release was created on December 1st, 2006:
The GeoTools 2.3.0 release is available for download:
This release brings together a lot of great improvements made over the last year. The main focus of this release is improving the raster story for GeoTools. While plug-ins for a variety of rasters existed previously, all of them were memory constrained and not really suitable for real software. 2.3.0 brings very solid, scalable, fast support for ArcGrid, GeoTiff, GTOPO30, World Images and Image Mosaics and Pyramids. These are already in action in GeoServer 1.5.x, and will soon work their way in to uDig. In addition we've had:
- GeoAPI filter interfaces aligned with Filter 1.1 specification
- completed providence review
- more relaxed PostGIS support, able to handle older varied configurations
- Scalar Vector Graphics "Marks" can be used as part of our SLD support
- Improved plug-in visibility - visit our website to check on status, and discover what "unsupported" modules are waiting in the wings
- Maven "archtype" to help you start off your next GeoTools project
- Numerous small bug fixes and improvements.
We would like to extend our thanks to the following organizations, their work is appearing in a stable release for the first time.