FilterFactory2 causes some confusion
Pull up methods from FilterFactory2
Out of discussion with Micheal Bedward it seems that FilterFactory2 is the cause for some confusion.
Formally this is the difference between:
- FilterFactory - strictly limited to the data structure defined by Filter specifications
- FilterFactory2 - allows for extensions unique to the GeoTools project
Taking a look at the issue today I also note that many methods accept a literal ISO Geometry;
since we don't use that in practice this results in a lot of useless methods that nobody
will ever call.
This proposal is under construction.
Voting has not started yet:
- Andrea Aime
- Ben Caradoc-Davies
- Christian Mueller
- Ian Turton
- Justin Deoliveira
- Jody Garnett (current OSGeo representative)
- Michael Bedward
- Simone Giannecchini
This section is used to make sure your proposal is complete (did you remember documentation?) and has enough paid or volunteer time lined up to be a success
- Moves all methods into FilterFactory
- Pull up methods into FilterFactory; update javadocs to indiacte what is "Strict" and what is a geotools extension
- Allows methods that expected a literal ISO Geometry to accept a JTS geometry.
- Change methods using an ISO Geometry to take a Object instead
- Update default implementation
Code examples won't be effected by this proposal.