Since the world didn't seem to end today, it is with great pleasure that we bring under your Christmas tree the following presents: the release of Groovy 2.1.0-beta-1 and Groovy 2.0.6.
- complete invoke dynamic support when running with the "indy" JAR on JDK 7
- upgrade to GPars 1.0: the Groovy distribution now bundles the GPars 1.0 final release
- @DelegatesTo annotation: to help IDEs and the static type checker and compiler to know that method calls in a method parameter closure are delegated to another parameter of the method -- nice for DSLs like in Gradle build files
- custom type checking extensions: so you can type check your DSLs at compile-time with your own logic
- a meta-annotation system: which allows you to define a new annotation actually combining several others -- which also means being able to apply several AST transformations with a single custom annotation
- custom base script class flag for the groovyc compiler: to set a base script class when compiling Groovy scripts
- compiler configuration script: to let you define various configuration options for the Groovy compiler, like specifying custom file extensions, various compilation customizers to apply, etc.
- compilation customizer builder: a special builder for specifying compilation customizers
- jar://, file://, http:// prefix support for launching Groovy scripts from the command line