Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Classes and Objects
- Objects are collections of related code and data
- Everything in Java and Groovy can be considered an object
- A class is a higher level description of an object.
- For example a 10-Q is a specification developed by the SEC and can be thought of as a "Class". A quarterly report issued by IBM for Q2 2005 can be thought of as an object of the class 10-Q.
- Documentation for java classes can be found here
- Documentation for Groovy extensions to Java classes can be found here