Projects proposed to Codehaus are typically subject to a selection review (Jury Duty). The review will be made by existing Codehaus committers.
- may take a couple of weeks to discuss the project with the team members proposing the project
- may say some painful things in private (like "a codebase entirely composed of static methods sucks dude, hell will freeze over before that pile of sh*te arrives here").
More likely feedback will be contructive and conversation dialectic. At the end of the process, the reviewers and the team members will write a short introduction for the project if it arrives at Codehaus.
The project team members should be as prepared as possible for the discussion. Here are some things considered good advice to those bringing projects:
- Having buildable, tested and running code
- Some documentation ready for a static site or Confluence
- A roadmap
- An inkling of the competition for your project
- Some indication at what you are looking for from Codehaus
- An understanding of the Codehaus way - refer to the Manifesto