Home of the IDEA clearcase plugin.
Wiki Intellij : http://www.intellij.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ClearcasePlugin
ClearcasePlugin for 6.x
ClearcasePlugin for 5.x
Basically it integrates with Clearcase (CC) in 4 different manners. You can choose that in the plugin configuration screen.
- Native integration - uses an old DLL to call CC
- CommandLine integration - uses command line calls to 'cleartool', which is a CC executable.
- NewNative integration (new way) - uses a recent DLL to call CC (this dll is from the the sourceforge project : http://sourceforge.net/projects/clearcase-java, and is also used by the non-official CC Eclipse plugin located at http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-ccase)
- NewCommandLine integration (new way) - uses command line 'cleartool', via the clearcase-java project
2 and 4 exist for non-windows platform, and are pretty stable. 1 is the most stable for me (i'm using windows), 3 is unreliable, you can get a lot of weird messages like "can't co-create object" (it uses JACOB under the hood, see http://sourceforge.net/projects/jacob-project/ )
As far as I know, 3 and 4 are evolutions of 1 and 2. ClearcasePlugin and eclipse-ccase plugin writers just decided to put in common re-usable parts of their respective plugin.
The reliable implementations already works well for basic functionalities :
- checkin & checkout & undo checkout files
- check in project
- rename class (make sure you use checkin-project though)
- delete class (requires you to checkout the file first... odd)
.. and not so well for advanced ones :
- lack of activities support, although i've implemented a version for implementation number ... 3, the unreliable one
- lack of synchronization feature to obtain correct clearcase status for each files (you must make sure you haven't any checkout and your view is up-to-date, then you 'mark your project as current')
- other issues listed here : http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&pid=11081