For the version 5, IzPack is going under a lot of changes.
Those changes are mostly invisible to end-users, as they focus on the code base quality and infrastructure. Hence, upgrading from IzPack 4.x to IzPack 5 should be straightforward for the vast majority of users.
- Changed the build tool from Apache Ant to Apache Maven 2
- Added a lightweight dependency injector (see Usage of PicoContainer)
- Added integration tests (see IzPack tests)
- Global improvements of the code quality (see Best practices for code and architecture)
- Documentation moved to Confluence