This field allows the user to select multiple files from the file system. Text can be added before the selection or a static text element can be added to display above the selection box (a little more visually appealing).
The files in the list can be created as a semi-colon separated string in one varibale. It's also possible to let the input field create multiple variables with the given variable appended with indexes. E.g. specifying a variable with name the.file and three files selected in the box would lead to three variables in the installer (the.file, the.file_1, the.file_2).
<spec> element accepts the following additional parameters:
- visibleRows How many rows shall be shown in the list box.
- prefX The preferred width of the list box. The default is 200.
- prefY The preferred height of the list box. The default is 100.
- fileext The file extension to search for. This will be used in the FileChooserDialog.
- fileextdesc The description of the file extension. This will be used in the FileChooserDialog.
- multipleVariables If set to true, multiple variables will be created. Each file will get one variable.
- allowEmptyValue If set to true, no file has to be selected and the box can be left empty.
- fileext File extension to be forced
Messages for the file field can be customized by creating a custom lang pack and overriding the following values (attribute values wrapped for readability):
Mixing multiple file fields with other fields that have text in front of them can lead to formatting (layout) issues. Placing these types of elements on different panels can provide a much better user experience.