Jackson Java JSON-processor
Jackson Home Page
This is the Old Jackson Project home page. For new ones, see:
- Jackson Wiki for documentation
- GitHub Jackson 2.0 project pages:
- https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-annotations (standard annotations)
- https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-core (core streaming Parser, Generator)
- https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-databind (data binding, tree model)
- And many extension modules under: https://github.com/FasterXML to support other data formats (Smile, BSON, XML, CSV), data types of JVM languages (Scala) and third-party libraries (Hibernate, Joda, Guava, HPPC)
- 22-Apr-2013: Jackson 2.2.0 released
- 06-Nov-2012: Jackson 1.9.11 released
- 08-Oct-2012: Jackson 2.1.0 released
- 27-Jul-2012: Jackson 2.0.5 released
- 25-Mar-2012: Jackson 2.0.0 released
- 20-Jan-2012: Jackson 1.8.8 released
- 04-Oct-2011: Jackson 1.9.0 released (@JsonUnwrapped, value instantiators, value injection, rewritten property introspection)
- 12-Aug-2011: Jackson 1.7.9 (last 1.7 maintenance version) released
- 04-Aug-2011: Jackson 1.6.9 (last 1.6 maintenance version) released
- 08-Jul-2011: Jackson 1.7.8 released
- 20-Apr-2011: Jackson 1.8.0 released (custom naming strategy, full Map key customizations)
- 12-Mar-2011: Jackson 1.7.6 patch version released
- 06-Jan-2011: Jackson 1.7.0 released (module API, contextual serializers/deserializers)
- 06-Sep-2010: Jackson 1.6.0 released (mr Bean, Smile, updateValue(), parent/child handling)
- 14-Mar-2010: Jackson 1.5.0 released (polymorphic types)
- 10-Mar-2010: Jackson User Group created @Ning.
- 19-Dec-2009: Jackson 1.4.0 released (JSON views)
- 30-Oct-2009: Jackson 1.3.0 released
- 02-Aug-2009: Jackson 1.2.0 released! Now with BYOC (Bring Your Own Constructors), and Mix-in annotations... and [Lotsa More ]!
- 26-Jun-2009: Moving more of documentation to FasterXML.com
- 22-Jun-2009: Jackson 1.1.0 released; highlights are: support for using JAXB annotations, generating JSON Schema, allowing fields to be directly serialized/deserialized, and simpler set of core annotations (@JsonProperty, @JsonSerialize and @JsonDeserializer).
- 08-May-2009: Jackson 1.0.0 released
For older news, see News page.
What is Jackson?
Jackson is a:
- Streaming (reading, writing)
- FAST (measured to be faster than any other Java json parser and data binder)
- Powerful (full data binding for common JDK classes as well as any Java bean class, Collection, Map or Enum)
- Zero-dependency (does not rely on other packages beyond JDK)
- Open Source (LGPL or AL)
- Fully conformant
- Extremely configurable
JSON processor (JSON parser + JSON generator) written in Java. Beyond basic JSON reading/writing (parsing, generating), it also offers full node-based Tree Model, as well as full OJM (Object/Json Mapper) data binding functionality.
Where can I find it?
See http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonDownload page for downloadable versions.
For historical interest (only), the old home page is still available at http://www.cowtowncoder.com/hatchery/jackson/.
How do I use it?
Documentation page has full list of entries, but here are some quickie links:
Who can help me with my (potential) Jackson use?
If you need help using Jackson – or just figuring if you would want to use it – there are resources available to help you. Beyond Documentation available from this site, you can consult: