Java Micro Edition - Connected Device Configuration
Jetty 6 may be run on a JVM that supports Java ME Connected Device Configuration (CDC), such as the j9 VM from IBM.
To run on ME, you must:
- Not use XML, as a SAX parser is not available. This means that you cannot directly use webapplications
with web.xml nor jetty.xml to configure the server.
- Not use NIO connectors. Use the SocketConnector instead.
- Write a configuration class similar to the examples in the examples/embedded module.
- Configure your own class path to include
- your configuration class(es).
An example of running the OneHandler example with IBMs J9 is
NOTE! It appears that J9 is a superset of CDC. JVMs such as jbed with a strict CDC
implementation appear to need some patches to Jetty to remove some 1.4 language
features. These patches will soon be available in the patches directory.