Here are some common problems encountered and some tips for working with mapbuilder in development.
- HTML DOCTYPE declarations. some widgets don't yet support the XHTML doctype declaration.
- no extra whitespace in config properties: don't put in extra whitespace or comments for properties in config. Properties should look like <property>value</property> and not have any carriage returns within the element.
- Empty HTML tags: Don't use the empty node form in the HTML page for mapbuilder elements (i.e. <div id="mbId"/>). This is because some browsers do not recognize the empty tag as being closed.
- XML mime types: The XML documents you retrieve must have a mime type of "text/xml". File types that typically aren't served with that mime type include context documents (.cml), collections (.ccml) and often XSL files as well (.xsl). Check that the mime type mapping file for your server contains a line like:
If you are using Apache, this file will be specified in the httpd.conf.
- Browser caching of XSL stylesheets: Both IE and Mozilla based browsers cache stylesheets loaded by mapbuilder. If you are modifying widget stylesheets, be sure to clear the browser cache before reloading the page.
- add more here