- Design The structure of Mapbuilder, a good starting place for understanding how Mapbuilder works.
- Modifying the Basic Examples How to modify the basic examples in the 1.5 release.
- Controlling Widget Output How to use configuration properties for widget output.
- Add WMS Tutorial Adding a new WMS layer to your map.
- WFS Tutorial Creating a Web Feature Service (WFS) client for feature entry.
- Changing Install Directory How to install Mapbuilder into another directory sturcture.
- Using template models Using template models for dynamic configuration.
- Using the WebServiceRequest tool How to use the WebServiceRequest tool for generating OGC web service requests.
- Using OGC Filter models How to use OGC filter expressions for generating requests.
- Compressing Mapbuilder How to use the rhino compressor (/lib/util/custom_rhino.jar)
- SLD Editor tutorial How to use sld editor
- Using Google-layers How to add Google, Virtual Earth or Yahoo layers to a 1.5RC1+ application
- Upgrading from pre-1.5 How to upgrade configurations file when updating from pre-1.5 releases.
- Add Widget Tutorial Create a new Mapbuilder widget.
- Add Button Tutorial Create a new Mapbuilder button (also known as a tool).
- Adding a new projection A bit of information from email about adding new projections.
- Add a new library How to add an external library.
- Add Translations Add new translations to Mapbuilder.
- Search Datasource Search a new datasource or capabilities document in the Catalog demo.
- Acceptance Tests using Selenium
- Building a Web App from Scratch details the entire process of building a full map-enabled web page.
General Mapping Resources
- Open Web Mapping Course Notes from PennState University. Covers WMS, WFS, GML, SLD and building a Webmapping application using Geoserver and Mapbuilder.
- Notes for hosting at OSGeo are covered at OSGeo Mapbuilder Hosting