Here are the outstanding design tasks to be resolved. These will form the last major features completed before we go into beta for 2.0 Final.
- "Compile only" dependencies
- Build Profiles
- Custom Repository or Resolver Implementations
- Dependency Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- IRC Log Design Discussion 26 May 2005
- Multiple Goal Declaration
- Packaging vs Type - Derived and Attached Artifacts
- Plugin and Report Inheritence
- Release Management
- Repository Layout - Final
- Repository Metadata
- Repository - SNAPSHOT Handling
- Testing Strategies
- Transitive Dependencies Filtering
Once agreed and implemented, these should be converted to apt documents stored in the relevant modules of m2's svn tree, along with documents for the previously taken design decisions. It is important to try and capture reasons things were done for future developers.
Some additional items have not yet had any design done. We need to decide whether they can be done now, or pushed to Maven 2.1.
- Guarded Mojo Execution