Maven and Sourceforge
This page is a starting point for anyone that uses Maven and sourceforge.net. The intention is to provide a step-by-step guide on deploying your site and your files using Maven onto sourceforge.net.
Upload the website
- Download and install putty(Easiest is to use the windows installer)
- Follow the instructions to generate a private/public key-pair: http://sourceforge.net/docs/F02/en/#keygen_putty
- Install svn itself (not only tortoiseSVN, otherwise you get an error from the scm plugin)
- Add the scm information to your pom.xml (see http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/index.html). This is an example if you use subversion:
- Use to check your scm information
- Use https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vigilog/trunk" and choose "accept permanently". After that, run the maven command again. , just to test the connection to sourceforge. If you get the error , then run the svn command manually: "svn log -v
Mailinglists and forums
- If you use mailinglists, you can add them to your pom.xml as follows: maven-project-info-reports-plugin to your <reports/> section. Of course, you will need to add the
Change report and issue tracking
In the pom.xml:
Do not forget to set your own sourceforge group_id.
Then add the changes plugin to the reports:
Now in your change.xml, you can put:
This will generate a link for your issue by replacing %ISSUE% with issue attribut value. (With the previous example: http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1554148)
Deploy the site
- Add a distribution management section to your pom.xml: Use the correct directory for your own project. Note that you have to use lowercase for the directories, otherwise the Maven plugin will try to create directories where it has no permissions.
- Put this section in your settings.xml. Make sure the id's match!
Sidenote: the "775" means owning user can do anything, all users of the owning group
can do anything, anybody else can read and execute. This is important if you want others (besides yourself) to be able to update the website.
Replace username and password ofcourse.
- Deploy your website by using "mvn site:deploy"
You will get a warning "The authenticity of host 'shell.sourceforge.net' can't be established.", but just type "yes" to continue.