Modello is a Data Model toolkit in use by the Apache Maven 2 & 3 Project.
What does Modello?
- Java Pojos of the Data Model.
- "Java Pojos to XML" Writer. (provided via xpp3, StAX, jdom or dom4j)
- "XML to Java Pojos" Reader. (provided via xpp3, StAX or dom4j)
- XDOC documentation of the DataModel.
- XML Schema to validate that XML content match the DataModel.
See the full technical documentation for more information.
Why use Modello?
Modello isn't for everyone, it's a project with a limited scope and goal behind it.
It is not aiming to be a replacement for a full blown modelling definition such as XMI or the like, but instead aims to be a code generation toolkit for maintaining data models, their use, and documentation.
Modello fits in the same space as other Model Mapping toolkits such as:
- Eclipse EMF