The documentation for the optimizing compiler is organized into the following sections.
- Method Compilation: The fundamental unit for compilation in the RVM is a single method.
- IR: The intermediate representation used by the optimizing compiler.
- BURS: The Bottom-Up Rewrite System (BURS) is used by the optimizing compiler for instruction selection.
- OptTestHarness: A test harness for compilation parameters for specific classes and methods.
- Compiler Optimization Comparison Chart: Chart comparing the Jikes RVM optimizing compiler to compilers in other JVMs.