Description / Features
This plugin imports Fortify SSC reports into Sonar:
- Import the Fortify Security Rating, value between 1 and 5
- Import the number of issues marked as critical, high, medium and low priority in Fortify
- Link to the Fortify SSC web report
|This plugin is not autonomous nor server-less|
As said in the description above, this plugin imports audit reports available in Fortify SSC Server. This means that the plugin:
As a consequence, Fortify scans must have been run before executing this plugin on Sonar.
The plugin has been developed and tested with Fortify 2.50. Older versions might also work (feel free to tell us on the user mailing list if you managed to make it work in this case).
|Multi-module projects are currently supported only for Java projetcts|
The Fortify plugin currently does not support multi-module for languages other than Java. You can watch and vote for the following JIRA ticket concerning this issue: SONARPLUGINS-2452
Here are some screenshots of the plugin:
- Install the Fortify plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONAR_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the Sonar server
- Configure the connection to the Fortify SSC Server in Settings > Configuration > General Settings > Fortify:
- Server URL
- Login/password. Token-based authentication is not supported yet.
- Activate some Fortify rules in the Quality Profile
- Configure the project to be analyzed:
- By default project name and version must match the name and version defined in Fortify. They can be changed in Project Settings.
- Enable audit import on the projects that have been scanned by Fortify: set
truein Project Settings.
Run a Sonar analysis. The following logs should appear:
Security note for Sonar 3.4+
For the *.secured properties to be read during the project analysis, it is necessary to set the 'sonar.login' and 'sonar.password' properties to the credentials of a user that is:
- System administrator
- And project administrator on the project that is being analyzed
sonar-runner -Dsonar.login=admin -Dsonar.password=admin