Occasionally, there's a need to deprecate a plugin. Typically for one or more of the following reasons:
- the functionality is obsolete.
- It's no longer maintained by its authors and is buggy.
- It's no longer maintained and not compatible with the latest versions of the SonarQube platform.
When a plugin is deprecated, the following steps will be followed:
- Notify the plugin author(s) of the reasons and timing of the deprecation.
- Remove the plugin from the update center.
- Move the plugin listing from Plug-in Library to Deprecated Plugins.
- Move the plugin documentation page to the Deprecated Plugins section.