Description / Features
This plugin is an extension of the SonarSource PL/SQL plugin (commercial) and can only be used with it.
CodeXpert has two modes to analyze PL/SQL sources:
- It scans source code from files on disk. This mode is generally used in enterprise environments with configuration management strategies (use tools like Subversion or Clearcase).
- It connects to the database and analyzes all the objects stored in that database. This mode is NOT supported by SonarQube.
- Install the plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the SonarQube server
- Dell (previously Quest Software) Toad 9.5 or higher with the CodeXpert module (included in Toad for Oracle Xpert, Toad for Oracle Professional, and Toad Development Suite for Oracle).
- A connection to an Oracle database if you use Toad 9.x or 10.x. It is a limitation of Toad that it needs to be connected to the database even if the connection is not used by the CodeXpert module. So you can set a “fake” connection to an empty database.
The following properties have to be set (at project level through the sonar-project.properties file or at instance level through the sonar-runner.properties file or web interface):
Run an Analysis
SonarQube automatically configures and launches Toad CodeXpert to check your code against the Toad CodeXpert's rules.
- If the analysis is triggered by a process that runs as a Windows Service (from a Continuous Integration server such as Jenkins), the analysis will fail. This issue is supposed to be fixed in Toad 12 but was not tested.
- Toad CodeXpert 9.x is unable to start from the command-line when the month of the current date contains an accent ("Décembre" in French for example). The workaround for this is to change the regional settings on the machine.