A step by step illustrated guide to checking out TimTam into Eclipse 3.0 , and building a deployable plugin
Pull the source from CVS Into an Eclipse Project
- Go to the CVS Repositories perspective
- Add a CVS server entry as follows
- Expand the Head node on the CVS tree, right click on the TimTam node and select Checkout As..
- Select Finish
- When checkout completes, switch to the Java perspective
Run timtam and make sure it all works fine
- Select Run\Run...
- Select the Runtime Workbench node , and click New
- Go to the Plug-ins tab , and select the Choose plug-ins and fragments to run from the list
- Click Deselect All
- Check the tick box next to the org.codehaus.timtam plug-in
- Click Add Required Plug-ins
- Click Run
- Verify TimTam works ok.
Making a deployable binary plugin
- Right click on the TimTam project in the Java perspective and selecet Export...
- Select Deployable plug-ins and fragments
- Fill in the Export Plug-ins and Fragments dialog as seen below - you will need to enter a full path and file name in the Destination section
- Click Finish
- Once the build is complete, open the zip file and verify you have the correct sturcture (see below)
If all went well, you have a binary plugin that can be unzipped into the eclipse directory of an eclipse install. Congratulations