- a spatial data viewer / editor
- open source & business-friendly license (LGPL)
- uses OpenGIS standards for internet GIS
- collaborates with geotools for WMS and WFS support
- Java 5
- Eclipse Rich Client Platform
uDig provides a common Java platform for building spatial applications with open source components. You build on top of udig for a exciting GIS work, or you strip away from uDig to get the exact feature set for your customers. We are a friendly open source project with an LGPL license.
Confluence has been nice enough to grant uDig an open source license. This will give us chance to rapidly grow our documentation to meet
our growing needs and translations.
So we really have not moved very far: