StaxMate – the perfect companion for a Stax processor!
NOTE: this page is obsolete. Please check out the NEW StaxMate Home Page !
StaxMate is a light-weight framework that adds convenience to streaming XML-processing , without significant additional overhead. It builds on top of a StAX processors such as Woodstox , and offers two basic abstractions:
- Cursors, which build on XMLStreamReaders
- Output objects, which build on XMLStreamWriters.
- 02-May-2007, TatuS: Release 1.0 from the New StaxMate Home Page at http://staxmate.codehaus.org/
- 13-Oct-2006, TatuS: I finally got the server side (and simple Ajax test page) done for the Sample StaxMate-based Web Service !
- 12-Oct-2006, TatuS: Released version 0.9.1, to synchronize fixes accumulated since 0.9, to be used in the sample web app.
- 01-Sep-2006, TatuS: I have been writing an introduction to StaxMate at Let's Talk About Stax ] blog; starting with this introduction .
- 11-Aug-2006, TatuS: Finally found time to release 0.9, which is a big leap functionality-wise. Most classes are also renamed, and finally, StaxMate now both makes use of, and requires, JDK 1.5.0 or above.
A simple reader-side only sample class can be viewed here: HtmlConverter (and it's also included in source package as org.codehaus.staxmate.samples.HTMLConverter).
In addition, a simple but complete web service (and client) implementation is included in the source code archive: it is explained in detail on Sample StaxMate-based Web Service page (note: work in progress, as of 14-Oct-2006).