Subject: Exported From Confluence
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Public Domain GeoTiff plugin
Public Domain GeoTiff plugin
oTIFF reader for Geotools
I bothered a lot of people about GeoTIFF support a while back. I never =
committed my code because, well, I can't. There's also no module maintaine=
r to give the code to, so I just kept it. But occassionally I see question=
s come across the development lists. So, rather than emailing a tarball to=
each and every person, I'll just post what I have, since it's relatively s=
tatic. (NOTE: I'm not claiming relatively bug-free.)
roduction for would-be-users
- It's a GridCoverageReader.
- This GeoTIFF reader supports read-only GeoTIFF access.
- It supports any coordinate system which can be given an EPSG code.=
- It supports user-defined coordinate systems.
- The GeoTIFFException should do a pretty good job of capturing the ta=
gs and keys present in the GeoTIFF file.
- This GeoTIFF reader does not support write access.
- The API is not stable. The packages will be renamed whenever Geotoo=
ls completely converts to their new referencing scheme and decides where Gr=
idCoverageReaders should live.
- You will be required to use deprecated classes/interfaces to make th=
is code work. This is caused by the current "fluid" state of the=
Geotools library. This problem will be fixed whenever the new referencing=
scheme is complete.
- JAI and JAI Image I/O Tools from Sun
- Geotools 2.1.x development source (check it out from SVN or download=
the nightly build)
- geoapi-1.1.0alpha or better. If newer versions break the GeoTIFF re=
ader, go back to this version.
- Download a nightly build or check the current code out from Subversi=
on. (If you choose to build from source, please reference the other fine d=
ocumentation on what tools are required.)
- Download the attachments to this page. If you are interested in jus=
t using the code, then you just need the jar (as long as it's in the classp=
ath, it should register itself as a reader.) If you want source, download =
the attached tarball and unpack it.
- If building from source, install the geotools jars into your local m=
aven repository. See developers guide. Then type "maven jar" in=
the geotiff directory.
- Write and compile your own code, putting the relevant jars in your c=
Since it looks like I've wandered away from GeoTIFF development (at leas=
t for the moment), I'm going to stick this code here. I will be b=
ack eventually. Those who are interested can try the reader out and see if=
it's worth anything at all. I am completely open to suggestions, patches,=
bug reports, HELP, etc. But of course, it's public domain code so you can=
do whatever you want with it without asking for my permission.
Bug reports can go directly to me (email@example.com) until the Geotoo=
ls team says we can use their JIRA server.
This page will be updated as needed to correct my errors.
See also Flowchart for GeoTIFF Coordi=
nate System Construction
Bryce Nordgren / Physical Scientist / USDA Forest Service