Subject: Exported From Confluence
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
What is new in BTM v=
BTM 2.x.x is a cleaned up and refined version of the 1.3.x branch with n=
o major change visible from the end user. A lot of internal polishing happe=
ned enabling future developments as well as the usual bug fixes and some re=
quested new features.
JDBC 4 support
- BTM can now be built against JDBC 4 API and its JDBC connection pool=
now has support for the isValid() connection check instead of the test que=
ry when a JDBC 4 driver is detected. Set enableJdbc4ConnectionTest property=
to true to enable this feature. The pool will then autodetect if the under=
lying JDBC driver is compatible and use the feature if available, otherwise=
it will revert back to the old test query mechanism.
JDBC custom isolation level<=
- The JDBC connection pool can now force connections to a specific iso=
lation level. Set the PoolingDataSource isolationLevel property to one of t=
hese values: READ_UNCOMMITTED READ_COMMITTED REPEATABLE_READ SERIALIZABLE t=
o force the level you want.
r per connection transaction affinity
- BTM's pool can now track connections requested from the pool and ret=
urn the same connection for every DataSource.getConnection() call in the sa=
me transaction. Set shareTransactionConnections property on your pool to en=
able this feature.
Improved JDBC Prep=
- The JDBC PreparedStatement cache is now much more efficient than it =
used to be as well as being much more robust.
JTA 1.1 support
- The JTA 1.1 TransactionSynchronizationRegistry has been implemented =
and can now be used. It can be acquired either via the TransactionManagerSe=
rvices singleton or via the embedded JNDI server under the (configurable) j=
ava:comp/TransactionSynchronizationRegistry standard name.
Improved JMX monitoring
- The JMX monitoring beans have been extended for better monitoring ca=
pabilities, particularly for the JMS and JDBC connection pools.
Improved Maven 2 support
- The published POM has been updated to depend on the standard JTA 1.1=
JAR instead of the Geronimo JTA 1.0.1B one which is more commonly found. S=
ources and javadocs are now also uploaded to the central maven 2 repo. Tomc=
at and Jetty lifecycle JARs made their way to the maven 2 repo too.