Subject: Exported From Confluence
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Remember that IzPack is not a corporate-backed project, thus ou=
r development resources are limited.
The great news is that you can help in many ways, even if you are not a =
The following is a list of things where you could help out.
- Browse through the list of open JIRAissues:
- provide a fix, or
- mention that the issue is outdated / incomplete / duplicated.
- Improve the current Maven build:
- check and simplify the dependencies
- check that the plugins are at current versions
- make sure the build works on Maven 2.2 and 3
- fix potential Maven bad practices.
- Help us make a clean doc=
umentation. The old one is still there for a reference, =
but what we need is something more straightforward for new users.
- Provide a Gradle plugin.
- Provide a BuildR plugin. Done: buildrizpack is a gem which can be downlo=
aded from RubyGems.org.
- Check out the native JNI libraries source code:
- provide cleanups
- build up-to-date 32 and 64 bit versions
- provide a better build infrastructure for those native libraries?
- Make web installers work again.
- Continue the code base refactoring and test suite harnessing effort.
- Re-work the console and automated execution modes:
- they have probably be broken by the changes in 5.0
- their implementation is everything but clean, it's a hack, so we deserv=
e a cleaner code base here.
- Generators from IzPack XML descriptors to native package management sys=
tems and installers:
- Windows MSI
- Mac OS X Package Installer
- Update management system integration.
- Support for metrics gathering system.
One last thing: do not hesitate to clone a developer repository on GitHu=
b, and share your code with pull requests for review! See our Git Guide for more details on our Git workflow=