Subject: Exported From Confluence
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
A todo/wish list for stuff to include in Boo.Lang.Useful.dll - a=
library of helper classes and functions for boo users.
All the code in Boo.Lang.Useful would be in boo, not C#.
Useful things about Boo=
contains documentation on members present in the assembly.
- fireAndForget - used to a=
synchronously invoke a method without having to worry to call EndMethod to =
clean up the asynchronous call.
on - in the examples folder
- timeIt - used to time how long a=
section of code takes.
- with - in the examples fol=
der included with boo
Compiler Steps & Pipeli=
- Doc step - generates XML documentation from the=
docstrings in your boo code, which can be used by NDoc to generate HTML do=
- Macro helper scripts - Anything that could help developers creating =
boo macros/attributes would be nice. See for example the script at the bot=
tom of Compiler Steps, it shows=
how the AST is transformed after each step, in XML or boo form.
- Style checker - =
there's a sample pipeline in the examples folder that checks the style of y=
our boo code (like prefixing private fields with an underscore, for example=
- AutoImport - in th=
e examples folder
- Set Class - needs to be recoded in boo instead=
- Boo.Dynamic? - See the bottom of the Duck Typing page for examples of python-like and other dynamic IQ=
uackFu-based classes we could create.