Subject: Exported From Confluence
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
The Jikes RVM version 3.1.2 runs on the following systems:
- IA-32 Linux®
- PowerPC 32 and 64 AIX=E2=84=A2 =
(big endian only)
- PowerPC 32 and 64 Linux® (b=
Regression tests are regularly run for these platforms.
We also support the following operating systems:
We rely on the help of the community to provide support for these platfo=
rms because we do not have any regression machines for them.
Jikes RVM on Solaris may not work out-of-the-box as it does not seem to =
get much use.
- x64 is currently not supported. Jikes RVM can be built on x64 using IA-=
32 and 32-bit addressing (e.g. with the x86_64-linux configuration). Work o=
n an implementation for x64 has been started.
- ARM architectures are not supported at all. To our knowledge, there is =
no publicly available code of a Jikes RVM ARM port. If you are interested i=
n an ARM port, please open an issue in our bugtracker.=
You can also try to contact Jeremy Singer, who offer=
ed to mentor the GSoC 2012 project for an ARM port.
- There are no plans to support other architectures at this time. If you =
want to add support for another architecture to the mainline Jikes RVM, we =
urge you to contact the team via the core mailing list before starting your=
- Windows is currently not supported. If you are in=
terested in support for Windows, you can take a look at Metacircular Rese=
arch Platform, a fork of the Jikes RVM. It provides support for buildin=
g on Windows (using the class libraries from the now retired Apache Harmony=
- Other operating systems are not officially supported.