- Project: Castor
- Description: Castor is a data binding framework for binding XSD to Java, XML to Java, Java to database and LDAP to Java. Castor was recently migrated from CVS to Subversion and a major refactoring/restructuring effort will soon be underway for Castor 2.0. Some of the items needed by Castor for which the project would like help from the SoC effort are outlined on the Castor wiki page for Summer of Code Projects.
- Mentor(s): Ralf Joachim, Werner Guttmann, Bruce Snyder
- Languages: Java, XML, ANTLR
- Specs: EJB 3/JPA, JAXB2
Groovy - Groovy on Android
- Project: Groovy
- Description: Currently, Groovy is not able to run on Google's Android mobile platform. The goal of this GSoC project is to work with the Groovy core team towards the goal of making any Groovy program to run on the Android platform, so that apps for such mobile phone can be written fully in Groovy.
- Mentor: Jochen Theodorou or Guillaume Laforge