Dekstop Enhancements for Groovy
Griffon is now a top level Codehaus project at http://griffon.codehaus.org
Where do I Start ?
- Liger was taken, apparently.
- Griffons have large talons.
- Excellent skills in jump and spot as well.
- It's a mashup, of an Eagle and a Cougar
(since all of the Griffon committers are in North America right now, we are referring to the New World animals, instead of the traditional Eagle and Lion. We could have also gone with the Puma, Mountain Lion, or Panther instead, but I thought Cougars were the most majestic of the North American big cats.)
What's in Griffon?
A Roadmap has been drawn up.
New Feature Development
Names subject to change
- A desktop variant of the Grails/Rails project structure could be supported, with deployment to Applets, WebStart, or vanilla client Jar files.
- UberBuilder - a compositing FactoryBuilderSupport class, which allows seamless merging of existing Builders
- GUIBuilder - An UberBuilder with SwingBuilder, SwingXBuilder, and GraphicsBuilder pre-loaded.
Groovy Core R&D for Desktop stuff
Quicker cycling and more risky experimental changes to some core Groovy classes will be done here as well
- FactoryBuilderSupport - needed changes for UberBuilder to work
- SwingBuilder - needed changes for UberBuilder to work
There are lots of things Griffon could move into, for example
- A home for the multiple GUI builders for Groovy, It may be worthwhile to merge SwingXBuilder, JIDEBuilder, and GraphicsBuilder under a single code base (still with separate releases).
- GORM integration from Grails 1.1
- JavaFX Wrappers for the GUI Builders