Some open source projects that use JANINO:
- Pentaho Kettle – An open source ETL tool
- Virgo – the Java application server from Eclipse RT
- Carbon – the WSO2 Carbon middleware platform
- Groovy – an agile dynamic language for the JVM combining lots of great features from languages like Python, Ruby and Smalltalk and making them available to the Java developers using a Java-like syntax.
- JBoss Rules / Drools – an augmented implementation of Forgy's Rete algorithm tailored for the Java language.
- The JAI ("Java Advanced Imaging") library includes JIFFLE, an image scripting language, that is compiled with JANINO.
- JINX – Java multi-user unix-like system.
- Farrago – an extensible RDBMS framework with a hybrid Java/C++/UML architecture.
- Scripteffect – a Java VST audio plugin that enables audio developers or musicans to run Java code directly in their favorite audio VST host.
- Deimos – a Java-based 3D space combat game.