At any time, to run another local analysis, right-click on the project, then select Sonar > Run Local Analysis:
If some Sonar properties must be specifically passed to the local analysis, this can be achieved at 2 different levels:
- At Eclipse level: in the "Sonar > Local analysis properties" panel of Eclipse preferences
- Those properties will be passed to any local analysis run by Eclipse in "Local mode"
- At project level: in the "Sonar > Local analysis properties" panel of the project properties
- Those additional properties will be added to the above ones, but only for analysis on the corresponding project
- They may override properties defined at Eclipse level
Some plugins (useless for a local analysis) can be skipped during the local analyses thanks to the 'sonar.dryRun.excludePlugins' property (Settings > Configuration > General Settings > General).
The default value is 'devcockpit,pdfreport,report,scmactivity,views'. For example, to skip the Build Stability plugin (due to https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARIDE-346), set the property to 'devcockpit,pdfreport,report,scmactivity,views,buildstability'.