- the configuration of the SonarQube instance (security, plugins settings, etc.)
- the quality snapshots of projects, views, etc.
- One for users to browse quality snapshots and configure the SonarQube instance
- One or severalmore to analyze projects
- The SonarQube platform cannot have more than one single web server and one single database.
- For optimal performancesperformance, each component (Database, Web Server, Clients) should be installed on a dedicated machine. However, the Server and the Database can be installed on the same machine.
- Client Clients will scale by adding machines.
- The Database and the Clients must be located in the same network.
- The Database and the Clients must not be installed on the same machine.
Several database engines are supported.
To give it a quick try, you can stick with use the H2 database that is shipped with SonarQube. It doesn't require any installation. Note that H2 must NOT be used to set up a production instance.