- The continuous integration job does not fail.
- The JIRA issues included in the release are closed.
- Check the source code quality of the plugin. The SQALE index must be A, and the SQALE remediation factor must not increase between two releases.
- A dedicated page is created for the plugin in the wiki.
Call a Vote
Before a release can occur, a vote typically takes must take place.
The snapshot version to be tested must be publicly available. If the plugin is hosted on:
The vote is initiated by sending an email to email@example.com with a link to the snapshot artifact. The email subject is prefixed with [VOTE]. Explain the plugin, status, and any other info you feel is relevant. The standard is to wait 72 hours for responses. This gives other developers time to test the plugin before placing their vote. Votes are represented as numbers between -1 and +1, with -1 meaning 'no' and Each plugin committer gets one vote: -1 meaning "no" or +1 meaning '"yes.'"
Only SonarQube plugin committers can vote. The first release requires three +1's and no -1. Then vote is adopted 's. For subsequent releases, the vote can be passed by lazy consensus for next releases. It passes if it doesn't have any -1: it passes if there are no -1's.
- Close the vote on the dev mailing-list
- Check the prerequisites
Set your Codehaus username/password in Maven settings.xml:
Code Block title settings.xml lang xml
<settings> <servers> <server> <id>codehaus.org</id> <username>CODEHAUS_LOGIN</username> <password>CODEHAUS_PASSWORD</password> </server> </servers> </settings>
- Install Codehaus SSL certificates into JDK
Deploy the plugin to the Maven central repository by executing the following command with default values:
mvn release:prepare release:perform
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for the release of the version in JIRA
- Update the Change Log section on the wiki plugin page by adding a JIRA Issues macro. Use the following properties:
- JIRA Field Columns to Display: type;key;summary;priority
- Cache: on
- Anonymous Retrieval: checked
- Width: 900
- Height: <leave it empty>
- Title: Release X.X
- Render Mode: static
- If it is the first release of the plugin, add it to the Plugin Library page
- Update the Version compatibility matrix page
- If a sonar-example is available, ask to update have the the plugin version updated in the validation.txt file
- Announce the release on the mailing-lists: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com (you must subscribe to these lists in xircles)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for adding that the release be added to the Update Center and to update that the header on the wiki plugin page be updated. This redundant step will be improved later.