To create a new group, go to Settings > Groups > Add new group:
To add/remove users to/from a group:
Two groups have a special meaning:
- Anyone is Anyone is a group that exists in the system, but that cannot be managed. Every user belongs to this group, including "anonymous" Anonymous user.
- sonar-users is the default group to which users are automatically added. This group can be changed through To change it, go to Settings > General Settings > Security >
sonar.defaultGroupand set the Default user group property.
To set global permissions, log in as a System administrator and go to Settings > Global Permissions.
- Administer System: Ability to perform all administration functions for the instance: global configuration and personalization of default dashboards.
- Administer Quality Profiles: Ability to perform any action on the quality profiles. Available since version 3.6.
- Share Dashboards and Filters: Ability to share dashboards, issue filters and measure filters. Available since version 3.7.
- Execute Analysis: Ability to execute analyses (project, view, report, developer), and to get all settings required to perform the analysis, even the secured ones like the scm account password, the jira account password, and so on. Available since version 3.7.
- Execute Local Analysis (Dry Run): Ability to execute local (dry run) analyses without pushing the results to the server, and to get all settings required to perform a local analysis. This permission does not include the ability to access secured settings such as the scm account password, the jira account password, and so on. This permission is required to execute a local analysis in Eclipse or via the Issues Report plugin. Available since version 3.7.
Three different permissions can be set on projects (projects, views, developers):
- Users have the ability to see that Browse: Ability to access a project exists, browse the measures and the issuesits measures, and create/edit issues for it.
Code viewers have the ability See Source Code: Ability to view the project's source code of the project. You must have the Users permission on a project to make use of the Code viewers permission.Administrators have the ability to perform administration tasks for the project by accessing its settings. You must have the Users permission on a project to make use of the Administrators permission .
Anchor codeViewersRole codeViewersRole
- Administer: Ability to access project settings and perform administration tasks.
Note that permissions are not cumulative. For instance, if you want to be able to administer the project, browse the measures and browse the source code, you have to be given all three permissions: Administrators, Users and Code viewersyou also have to be granted the Browse permission to be able to access the project.
You can either manually grant permissions for each project to some users and groups or apply permission templates to projects (since version 3.7).
Log in as a System administrator and go to Settings > Project Permissions > Projects (was Settings > Roles prior to version 3.7):
Apply permission templates to projects (available since version 3.7)
Create first some permission templates. To do so, go to Settings > Project Permissions > Permission Templates:
Then, apply permission templates to projects (either to a specific one through the "Apply permission template" link link or apply some bulk changes on the selected projects):
For versions 3.7+, this is done through permission templates. Go to Settings > Project Permissions > Permission Templates > Set default templates:
For versions prior to 3.7, it is done through the "Default roles for new Projects" table:
In the example below, once a new project has been created:
For security reasons, you can prevent SonarQube to upload the source code to the database when analyzing a project. To do so, log in as a System administrator, go to Settings > General Settings > Security and set the
sonar.importSources property the Import sources property to false. Note that if you want to restrict the access to the source code for some users only, grant the See Source Code viewers permission accordingly.