- Improve stability
- Improve compliance with JVM spec
- Write unit tests for all classes
- Improve and extend test suites
- Add support for relevant new platforms (ARM?)
- Merge relevant changes from MRP
Detailed project status
This section provides more detailed project status information for the components. If you think an important point is missing here, please contact us via the mailing lists.
- SSA form is disabled. Scalar SSA form may be fixable; Heap SSA form is considered too broken
- Many optimizations are disabled because they rely on SSA or are considered too buggy
- Some standard optimizations are missing, e.g. Global Array Bound check elimination
- Java Memory Model (JMM) is not correctly implemented
- Bootimage compilation is single-threaded by default because it is too unrealiable with multiple threads
- Regression tests are run regulary. The results are displayed with Cattrack, a Ruby-on-Rails application.
- There's currently no infrastructure for CI: Core team members need to ensure they run the pre-commit tests themselves.
- More regression machines would be useful, in particular PowerPC machines that can be accessed by all team members
- Currently no code review tools in use
- Some unit tests (via JUnit) exist but most classes don't have unit tests