To give a quick try at SonarQube, just follow the tutorial below.
To install a production instance, follow the installation guide.
To upgrade your SonarQube instance, read the upgrade guide and the related upgrade notes.
Get Started in Two Minutes
1. Download and unzip the SonarQube distribution (let's say in "C:\sonar" or "/etc/sonar")
2. Start the SonarQube server:
# On Windows, execute: C:\sonar\bin\windows-x86-xx\StartSonar.bat # On other operating system, execute: /etc/sonar/bin/[OS]/sonar.sh console
3. Download and unzip the SonarQube Runner (let's say in "C:\sonar-runner" or "/etc/sonar-runner")
4. Download and unzip some project samples (let's say in "C:\sonar-examples" or "/etc/sonar-examples")
5. Analyze a project:
# On Windows: cd C:\sonar-examples\projects\languages\java\sonar-runner\java-sonar-runner-simple C:\sonar-runner\bin\sonar-runner.bat # On other operating system: cd /etc/sonar-examples/projects/languages/java/sonar-runner/java-sonar-runner-simple /etc/sonar-runner/bin/sonar-runner
6. Browse the results at http://localhost:9000 (default System administrator credentials are admin/admin)