Groovy Groovy is an agile dynamic language for the Java Platform that has with many of the features that inspired languages like Python, Ruby and Smalltalk, making them available to Java developers using a Java-like syntax.
- Developing web applications in a quick, concise and fun way. The [*Grails|http://grails.codehaus.org]* demonstrates Groovy's capability in this area.
* Bringing the power of a scripting language to the JVM with seamless integration with the Java Platform
* Writing concise, meaningful, test cases using Groovy's JUnit integration.
* Prototyping and producing real industrial strength applications
* Writing shell scripts easily
Groovy can be used as a dynamically or staticly typed language and can either be compiled or interpreted
Groovy Groovy introduces powerful additional features to the JVM such as :