Image AddedGroovy is an agile dynamic language for the Java Platform with many features that inspired languages like Python, Ruby and Smalltalk, making them available to Java developers using a Java-like syntax.
Groovy !etoile_foncee.gif!works cleanly with all existing Java objects and libraries and compiles straight to Java bytecode!
Groovy !etoile_foncee.gif!is ideally designed for the following purposes :
- Developing web applications in a quick, concise and fun way. The [*Grails|http://grails.codehaus.org]* demonstrates Groovy's capability in this area.
* Bringing the power of a scripting language to the JVM with seamless integration with the Java Platform
* Writing concise, meaningful, test cases using Groovy's JUnit integration.
* Prototyping and producing real industrial strength applications
* Writing shell scripts easily
*Groovy* !etoile_foncee.gif!can be used as a dynamically or staticly typed language and can either be compiled or interpreted
Groovy !etoile_foncee.gif!introduces powerful additional features to the JVM such as: