is an agile dynamic language for the Java Platform with many features that inspired languages like Python, Ruby and Smalltalk, making them available to Java developers using a Java-like syntax.
works cleanly with all existing Java objects and libraries and compiles straight to Java bytecode\.
Image Removed is ideally designed for the following purposes :
- Developing web applications in a quick, concise and fun way. The Grails demonstrates Groovy's capability in this area.
- Bringing the power of a scripting language to the JVM with seamless integration with the Java Platform}
- Writing concise, meaningful, test cases using Groovy's JUnit integration.}
- Prototyping and producing real industrial strength applications}
- Writing shell scripts easily
- works cleanly with all existing Java objects and libraries and compiles straight to Java bytecode in either application development or scripting mode.
introduces powerful additional features to the JVM such as: