We have three options available to us - we can consider the following options:
- Ask Refractions to upgrade there server (scrub it down; build a new kernal with a shorter timeout; etc...). Currently there is not enough sys admin time (because everyone is working hard for customers) to make this happen!
- Move to CodeHaus - this has the advantage of single sign on with our wiki; and the ability to make use of their maven repository. The GeoServer project is making use of both these facilities so we can ask them if it is in fact a good idea. The CodeHaus servers are connected to the maven replication train - which will really resolve some of our distribution issues with http://lists.refractions.net/m2
- Move to OSGeo hardware - this has the advantage of branding. We would need to run our own svn server - and could consider running our own confluence as well.
- [~jive} I personally feel that OSGeo hardware has nice publicity - but the cost in time of running our own hardware is not worth it.
- Jody Garnett This problem is not specific to the GeoTools project, I will bring these options up in the uDig meeting on Thursday as well.
Please understand we are running a couple of days downtime a month; I would rather spend two days up front to improve the situation (and thus be able to plan for it) then have my project deadlines in danger.
<distributionManagement> <repository> <id>codehaus.org</id> <name>GeoTools Repository</name> <url>dav:https://dav.geotools.org/repository/</url> </repository> <snapshotRepository> <id>codehaus.org</id> <name>Geotools Central Development Repository</name> <url>dav:https://dav.codehaus.org/snapshots.repository/</url> </snapshotRepository> </distributionManagement> <scm> <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.geotools.org/trunk/</connection> <url>http://svn.geotools.org/trunk</url> </scm>
- Home SVN checkout instructions need to be updated