The Installer plugin provides useful packaging and installation solutions for your Griffon application. The plugin creates two types of artifacts, launchers and installers. Launchers package your application in platform-specific ways, such as an .exe file for Windows and a .app bundle for Mac. Installers install your packaged app onto the user's computer. The current supported options are:
- Windows (JSmooth) - creates a .exe for launching your application on Windows
- Mac - creates a Mac application bundle (.app) for launching your application on Mac OS X
- IzPack - platform independent installer, highly configurable.
- RPM - RedHat Package Manager based installer, works on RedHat, Fedora, CentOS, Mandriva.
- DEB - Debian based package installer, works on Debian, Ubuntu.
- DMG - MacOSX disk image
The current version of griffon-installer-plugin is 0.5.1
To install just issue the following command
griffon install-plugin installer
Creating a launcher or installer is a two step process. First you prepare the configuration files for that launcher/installer by running the prepare-XXX script. This will copy the standard configuration files into the installer/XXX directory so you can tweak them as needed. This step only needs to be performed once for the application. The second step is to actually create the launcher/installer by running the create-XXX script. This will create the actual launcher or installer in the installer/XXX/dist directory. This step should be performed every time you want to release a new version of your application.
The provided scripts are:
- prepare-deb / create-deb
- prepare-rpm / create-rpm
- prepare-izpack / create-izpack
- prepare-mac / create-mac
- prepare-jsmooth / create-jsmooth
- prepare-windows / create-windows // delegates to jsmooth
All these targets can be called using the standard
package command too, for example
griffon package izpack
produces the same result as
griffon prepare-izpack griffon create-izpack
Preparing and creating the launchers is cross-platform, e.g. you can 'create-windows' even if you are developing on a Linux or Mac machine (and vice-versa). Building an DMG requires running MacOSX.
Previous versions of the installer plugin provided launchers for windows, linux, mac and a single jar packaging options. All those have now been folded into the standard
package command (zip, jar).
Fixes for GRIFFON-250 and GRIFFON-252
Release sync with Griffon 0.9
Added several new launchers
Bumped version to be compatible with Griffon 0.1.0
added JSmooth launcher